Learn How to shoot, what to shoot, where to shoot!
Do you love nature and photography and wish to make money photographing the great outdoors?
Would you like to make outdoor and nature photography a full time business?
There is no more fulfilling “career” than being a full time Outdoor and Nature Photographer and having your work published in calendars, magazines and more.
I have been published in over 1000 calendars, many of the major outdoor magazines, advertising, company brochures, and I have founded and co-founded two stock photo agencies.
If you are interested in photographing the outdoors as a full time or part time business, I can show you how to create images for the markets and license them to clients.
Photograph images that sell
- How the outdoor and nature photography markets work.
- ·Techniques and approaches for making marketable images of nature and outdoor adventure.
- What type of camera equipment and other gear is needed.
- How to organize your stock photos and set up your business.
- How to make even more money with concept photography
- How to create marketable compositions
- How to master natural light and supplemental lighting
- How to master the technical sides of photography
Learn to market your photography
- How to market yourself and your business
- How to price and negotiate a photo sale
- How to get represented by stock photo agencies
- Learn how to present your portfolio
YOU will learn:
- How to bid on photo assignments
- How to photograph outdoor products
- How to plan and prep for the big assignment
- How to create a portfolio and present it in a meeting
- How to find models
This course also includes a downloadable stock photo pricing guide to help you determine a fair and accurate price for your photographs.
- A love for the outdoors, nature, wildlife, and the environment
- A sense of adventure and love of travel
- A willingness to work hard
- Oh, a camera, tripod, a computer, and software
- A basic understanding of digital photography, cameras, and processing software is needed. Some Photoshop is covered.
- Over 100 videos (13+ hours)
- A downloadable pricing guide
- The tools needed to create top images
- Photoshop tips
- Strategies for pricing and selling your photography
- Strategies for succeeding in the business
- You will be able to photograph marketable images, set up your business, promote your business and negotiate a photo sale
This was by far the best course I have taken! – Joe C.
This business of nature photography course is designed for photographers who want to start a full time or part time photography business. No photography or business experience is needed.
What they are saying:
Must Take Class for Anyone Considering Becoming a Professional Photographer
This incredible class came along at just the right time for me. I’ve been photographing for a number of years and recently started trying to sell some of my images. If you think creating great images is a challenge, just wait until you try to market them!!!
Photographers wishing to pursue this route should take the time to intensively study Charlie Borland’s outstanding new class “How to be a Professional Outdoor and Nature Photographer.” Borland brings a wealth of knowledge and 30 years of experience as a professional photographer and packs all of it into this wonderfully informative series of 131 video lessons illustrating them with his own stunning imagery.
This class is packed with useful tips and tons of valuable references to Aps, web sites and resources you will need to be successful. For example, I have been struggling to come up with captions and keywords to attract buyers searching on-line to my stock images. Borland covers how to do this successfully including links to a couple of free keywording indexes with demos on how to utilize them. What a time saver that will be for me in the future and I’ll also have many more keywords to enter, as well.
Ever wonder how to price your fine art prints, photo assignments or commercial images? Borland goes into great depth on this and even includes a downloadable pricing schedule he uses to price images for sales to national and regional magazines, newspapers, ads, brochures, billboards, packaging and websites. He advises on cold call techniques, website design, portfolios, negotiation strategies. This is the most comprehensive class I have encountered on setting up a photography business.
I can’t think of any area that is left uncovered here. Borland includes in-depth discussions of such matters as should you be a generalist or a specialist, what gear do you need to own, how to take images that are likely to sell, location lighting techniques, shooting adventure travel and recreational images, finding models and securing releases, product photography, work flow and post processing, cataloging your images, marketing and branding, social media promotion, stock licensing models and agencies, copyright and infringement and how to survive in tough times.
If you are considering getting into outdoor, nature, wildlife or adventure photography as a business, this class is an absolute must for achieving success and becoming profitable! -Fran G.
Thank for a most amazing course! It surpassed all of my expectations and I appreciated how open and honest you are as you shared business stories, took us through pricing experiences and offered such an incredible and helpful amount of wisdom within all of the topics. I would highly recommend your course for anyone wanting to navigate in the world of photography!
All the Best,